Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day +9

Today was a bit disappointing to start out with. The lab computer system was down, so it was well after 9A before the results were back. Brians counts havent budged at all yet and he had to have more platelets today. Ugghhh. We were both not too pleased, and we are itching to get out of here. He is set up to be discharged to the Twice Blessed apartments on Tuesday, if his counts come up. IF being the key word here.

The highlight of our day was getting a visit from John and Sue and Jeff. They hung out with us and we can always count on John to have fun board games. I could tell that Brian was tired, but he really enjoyed their company. He took a short nap while John, Sue and I went to get food. Sue treated me to Freebirds. Bless you Sue for sparing me from hospital food. Brian still can't eat much, but he did truck on down to the family room afer his nap and we played another round of Torchstone. Sue left us a game called San Juan. Brian and I have it at home. Its one of the few games that's actually fun with two people.

I'm a little nervous about Tuesday. Brian's dad is coming, which I really appreciate, but I hate the idea of being at work and leaving him to figure out his way around. The streets around the hospital are typical downtown one way streets. I've been debating about calling in, but I can't really justify calling in for a "possible" discharge. Brian says he doesn't think he'll get out of here by Tuesday. Truthfully, Wednesday works better for me. We'll see. Its not my plan or my schedule. I will try really hard to do things according to God's perfect timing.

The kids seem to be doing well. Mom said that Emi started calling her mama and she keeps correcting her. Talk about breaking my heart. She knew me when I went home but that was over two weeks ago. Tony got his woulf badge tonight in cub scouts and Denise was gracious enough to take him for me. They called afterward and Tony and Angie sang us a song they made up about us coming home.

I can not wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment