Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day +14

Well, Brian was discharged from the hospital Tuesday. His dad met us at the hospital and we went over to the apartment and got settled in. I came home Wednesday after stopping at the store and picking up essentials like milk, bread, etc. We havent been home in over a month. Brian looked pretty rough Tuesday and Wednesday when I left, but his labs continue to rise. They will check them again tomorrow. He will be on antiviral meds for at least a year and he will do Rituxan again in 3 to 6 months. But compared to what he just did this is nothing. Rituxan is given once a week for 4 weeks and then repeat every 6 months. Its a newer cancer med so it doesnt have all the side effects, it just makes him feel flu-like for a day or two.

So Brian's dad is staying in the apartment with Brian and I'm home with the kids. I work Friday but will be back home Saturday for Angie's 9th birthday. I can't believe she is nine. I keep telling her to quit growing, but she keeps doing it anyway. she said she wanted to do her party when Brian got home, so I picked her up a little gift anyway and will get cupcakes or something one the way home tomorrow night.

I'll try to get photos up later of the easther parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment