Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Well today Brian checked into the hospital, so far not much to add. He got a picc line which he was dreading, but it's done. We got a little tour of the unit did some paperwork, but not much else. Brian's radiation reading was 2.4. They have precautions to follow until his numbers get below 2.0. Not anything major though. He's supposed to start his hydration tonight and chemo in the morning. Hating that I'm not going to be here. They said that this chemo is alcohol based so he's probably going to be tipsy tomorrow.

The room is how do I put this nicely??? Well, it's ugly. Looks like a yucky old icu and it's pink:( good news is the garage is directly under so it's easy to get in and out of here. I know I nurse here. She used to be a tech on my floor at Harris so that's nice.

Brian was a little irritated with me cause I made a big deal about his sski drops. They were going to make him get a new bottle from "Baylor" because it was policy. He only has to take them for 9 more days. The pharmacist made a huge deal about not being able to trust their purity blah blah blah even though they came from their outpt pharmacy on the first floor. So rather than fight about it I let it go, and guess what "Baylor" pharmacy doesn't have them in stock so he HAS to take the ones he has.

We met someone in admitting that's having a unrelated donor transplant for leukemia. She said leukemia patients can't use their own. Her donor is in Germany so there's been alot of beurocracy involved in getting her cells here. I could tell she's scared. Praying she does well.

No comments:

Post a Comment