Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day -4

Let's see, I feel like I should write, but it's more of the same. This thing I'm sleeping on is not too comfortable after an exhausting hectic 12 hours of work and a one hour car ride---but keeping perspective, after alot of walking and yoga stretches I'll feel better this afternoon while Brian will still feel blah. He's getting a total of 18 bags of chemo, so far five down. This is the first time I've been with him when he was getting infusions well I mean this relapse is. The first time around, I was 5 months pregnant when he was diagnosed so my dad and Katie took Brian to his chemo appointments. My mom was insistant that I not be in the room and since she is a nationally certified oncology nurse I listened. When it's running, I can smell it and my mouth tingled. Then I start having joint pain. Weird. So I make excuses to get out for a few.
Brian was really nauseated last night. He had already had 12.5 of phenergan so the nurse gave him the other half. That is when he learned he couldn't have the whole 25. He was so tired but the medicine gave him uncontrollable twitches and muscle jerks. So he'd nod off and his leg or arm would fling up in the air and wake him up. After that wore off he Slept ok except for getting up to pee. His iv fluids are at 275 which is pretty fast.

The kids seem to be hanging in there. Having to raise them while we are gone has raised some challenges for my parents. I know my kids are in good hands, but I still continue to pray for everyone at home anyway. My Zachary is a button pusher and the stories my mom tells me crack me up. My mom gets so frustrated. Brian says that he can't figure out why I'm the one person who's authority he respects. Maybe it's my scary mean voice I use haha. It's going to be a rough little bit when we get home I'm sure, but I'm ready for it. Hoping Brian continues to do well. If he does then I'm going home to see the kids Monday. Then, be back for the stem cell infusion Wednesday.

Mom signed all the kids up for softball/baseball. I think Tony moves up from tball this year. Have no idea how we're going to get them to 3 different games but the season isn't too long. Last year angie's started and ended before the boys so that helped alot. Her and Brian were our tossing the ball around some before we had to come here, and she got her aunt pammie to take her to get a haircut. It is short but she says she loves it. Last year they rotated the girls through alot of different positions and Angie finally ended up as catcher. She did pretty good, but roasted in the get up.

Well I'm rambling about nothin. Post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment