Thursday, October 1, 2009

Update of last two weeks

Man, I can't believe that its been two weeks since I've been on here. The kids are approaching the end of the first six weeks of school. They all seem to be doing well. I've been trying to work with Zach on reading. I have lots of reference materials and we just aren't getting very far at all. Six weeks and we have 3 letter sounds. He's learning at school and was so excited to get "homework" of practicing writing his name. I offered to print him some papers where he could trace words and letters and I was informed that mine wouldn't be as good as the ones from school. Brian says that he may just be an average student and that I am going to have to learn to live with it. Well, I think, not. He's very obstinate, but I refuse to accept that he's average.

I mentioned before, but I love our produce coop. They are trying to expand to provide chicken beef etc and they have different kinds of classes and get togethers like nutrition classes, bread baking classes and in october they are having a family day with different organic and free range vendors with sausages, raw milk ice cream, cheeses, apples and a pumpkin patch. THis sounds like fun, and I'm kind of sad we can't go because its my parent's 35th wedding anniversary. Not that I'm into any of that stuff yet, but a chance to sample it all sounds fun.

In November, Brian arranged for my mom to watch the kids for a couple of days and we are going to a cabin in Wimberly. We stayed there for our 10th wedding anniversary, and I'm excited about it. Each cabin has its own above ground pool and hot tub. Brian loves the hills. I hope the coffee shop is still open. They had amazing homemade granola bars. Frankly, I need a couple of days away.

Into my second week of class and its going better than expected. I admit it is hard to budget the time away from family etc to work on it, but I could have really benefited from a class like this my first go round in college, although I doubt English 1302 was taught this way then. So far, I have 100's on my first three quizzes and a 100 on my first assignment. Not too shabby for a mom of five trying to juggle family and a full time job. But I'm not ready to get cocky yet. My paper at the end is a big chunk of my grade.

Last weekend we went to Inks Lake and camped. It had its good and bad moments. The first two days were good. Brian was there to help me with the kids. After that was difficult, and I ended up coming home. Its hard. Sometimes its like having two families. The oldest three can and want to do things the youngest two can't, and when I'm by myself neither group gets to do what they want. I've vowed to start finding ways to improve this. I want my kids to have fond memories of growing up in a ginormous family, not memories of never being able to do things because of the babies etc. Will try to get some pics up later.

Still working the dave ramsey plan. Will have to post as we make real progress. Paid off a credit card in September. Two to go. Not sure how far we get this month. WE are replacing our 15 yr old dryer and having the house leveled.

Missed our bible study this week because I was at work. Its Anointed Transformed Redeemed: the story of david. It is so good. I'm telling you they are talking right to me. I can't wait to go next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment