Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random update..my usual

I'm on week four of my five week class, so I hope to be posting more pictures soon. Its going ok. Some of it I have enjoyed some of it not so much. Hopefully I can hold onto my "A" but I can live with myself if I make a "B". Brian's been making fun of me, because I've been hard on myself, but I feel like I could do better if I just had more time. I've had papers that I could revise for better grades, if I just had time. Oh, well. I'm taking the next session off. It covers thanksgiving and Christmas, and I want to be able to enjoy the holidays. Plus my work denied my tuition reimbursement, so I can't bring myself to fork out the money for tuition right before the holidays. We'll see if I continue. Its hard to balance everything.

Still volunteering at the school. Loving it. Signed up to be on the Health Advisory Council as well. It only meets 4 times a year. But I'm excited about this. Will post more as it develops.

We are enjoying church. The people there seem to be impressed by the kids. They are getting it. Remembering scripture, remembering stories. Its great. I was going start reading from the bible more to them, I just have to figure out what they did with it. If I don't find it by Friday I will buy another one. Love my bible study. The nursery is going a bit smoother. Emi still cries alot. But she's fine once we leave and then cries again once she sees us. The last two weeks, Aiden has marched right in there. This week he gave the lady a hug and a kiss on the mouth and asked if he could come back next week.

School is a struggle right now. Mostly for me. Not impressed with the teachers or their grading. I think they are nit picky and not giving the kids much feedback. Angie made a 76 on a math paper and it was all stuff like not boxing the answer, making her f's wrong etc. Tony made a 76 on his 6 weeks spelling review because he capitalized 24 of the 36 words. So, I had a visit with Angie's teacher, and once I finish my class I plan to start sitting in on both angie and tony's classes. The teacher said she would work on giving Angie more positive praise and this week she seems less stressed. She is so hard on herself. The kids are fine, but its gonna be a long year for me. Trying to figure out what we need to work on at home.

Trying to be more organized instead of jumping around so much. Right now Tony is working on getting his conservation badge for cub scouts so we are reading about historical Texas naturalists. He is in heaven. They've been begging me to do a chicken mummy for a while. I bought everything yesterday. I've been putting it off until the weather got a bit cooler. I'm dreading the stink. My friend mummified a fish, and she said it didn't stink too bad, but we don't have a garage, so we'll see.

Thursday they had a going away party for Zach's teacher. She was the sub for the regular teacher who had a baby a week or two before school started. She was a cute little short older lady and I liked her bunches and Zach did too. THen Friday was homecoming and each grade had a float. Guess who forgot her camera and her phone?

Been trying to work with Zach since school started on his letters and sounds. I was hoping to start some beginner reading. But he has been completely resistant. Well, we are finally starting to get somewhere. Today when we did our flashcards, he only missed 3 or 4 letters. So proud. We started sound alike words a little because he's really into this rhyming thing right now, but I think we will move to sight words soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment