Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Holiday

Well, in spite of everything, I'd say we had a great holiday. We had a freak storm here Christmas eve. Mom and Pam left work at 6pm (an hour early) to try to get home. At 10pm they finally made it to Weatherford from Fort worth(30 miles) and Brian and I called and got them a hotel. They finally made it home around 3ish Christmas day. Brian was supposed to go get labs and a neupogen shot Christmas eve, but we didnt get out on the icy roads. I had been giving the shots at home, but we were out. Christmas eve was a simple stew made with whatever I had on hand. I threw lots of veggies in it, including zucchini and cauliflower and I made mashed potatoes instead and homemade bread. It was a nice simple meal.

As tradition, the kids go to mom and dads Christmas eve. Zachy was vomiting but he went anyway and dad said Tony started during the night. Angie and Emi got sick Christmas day. Brian, Aiden and I have been so far spared. So, we didn't have the usual big meal but we still got together and had a nice meal with mom, dad, my sisters, brother in law and my sweet niece.

My kids had a strange mix of presents, but then again they are all different. Highlights were the puppet theatre, Aiden fave was a powerwheels 4 wheeler, Zachy loved his remote control monster truck and a DS, Tony loved his Barack Obama biography and legos, which was hilarious. Brian couldnt believe I bought that book, but to see how excited Tony was about it was priceless. I love that little democrat. Angie got a Barbie nail printer which we can't wait to try out and Emi just loved the candy in the stocking. I think Angie loved her robe from Pam the best. Lots and lots of books this year. And lots of pajamas. We didnt make it to Christmas eve candle light service because of the weather which was a bit disappointing, but couldnt really be helped.

Saturday we played games with the oldest two. Good ole yahtzee, a game called totally gross, and an almanac game. Brian felt pretty good, which I was thankful for. Some pain still, but not like earlier in the week.

January 4th is chemo again. I'm hoping to do something fun with the kids beofre then,I just havent decided what yet. We'll see how the weather is on my days off and how Brian feels.

1 comment:

  1. I want to come play games.

    No, really, I do. We love board games! Yahtzee is a staple, of course.

    ReplyDelete