Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Here we go again

Well, I am sitting down for a minute before I begin tackling the laundry. I came home yesterday to find the dog asleep on the laundry. The dirty muddy stinky dog. I didn't even ask which kid let her in I just threw her out and threw the clothes back in the dirty clothes. I didn't have the strength or desire to be upset about it.

Brian found out Monday that his cancer is back. There was one mass they were really concerned about so he started chemo tonight. His new port was placed about 7pm. He called me about 8:30 high as a kite and still in recovery, then he called me again when they started the chemo and he had to go after he started slurring his words. He has to do three days of chemo in the hospital. I'm trying really hard to have a good attitude and to keep praying. It comes naturally for Brian but its hard work for me.

I got home about 8:45, then I had to get the kids home, Angie and Emi needed a shower, Zach was super emotional, and we buried Finneas, the fish. Tony finally quit crying over that about 10 minutes ago. We'll see if we go to school tomorrow. I usually have them in bed by 8:30 on school nights.

Tony was supposed to have his eye exam today and I completely forgot. I felt terrible about it when I remembered on the way home from the hospital. Hopefully, I remember to call tomorrow and reschedule. Won't be making my volunteer day tomorrow, doubt I will take Tony to boyscouts, but I should take Angie to dance since she has missed two weeks already and her recital money is due. 127$ for two costumes--ridiculous. Lets just pray that they either fit or are too big. Last time I had to get both costumes alerted.

Katie is coming tomorrow to help watch the kids. Something that I am completely grateful for. She's such a sweety. I didn't have to ask, and she didn't make me feel guilty, so I guess I'm doubly grateful. We're taking it one day at a time, trying to continue to make the kids our first priority, and downplaying this as much a possible. Brian and I refuse to let it this consume or define us.

I'll blog when I can, but it probably wont be as frequent for a while. I guess that laundry isn't getting done tonight. I still need to get Aiden to go to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. hey vicki,
    so sorry you guys are going thru this again. find strength as a family and know you will get thru it. you are in our thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete