Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Week Down....

Well, the first week of school is over. It went better than I expected, but we all know that I am a worrier. Zach loves pre-k. He's absolutely glowing when I pick him up at 11:15. He wishes that he could stay all day like Angie and Tony. He has three friends, two of which we knew from t-ball. One of the mom's said that her son comes home really excited about the games he and Zach play at recess...rockets seems to be the current favorite. Zach told me that his teacher let them dress up and act out a book she read. She's sends home a newsletter about what they are studying and I like that.

I had made a list of all the things we were going to read about at home this month, but quickly scrapped it when the kids came home with homework the second day of school. Spelling, reading, and math for both. For example I had put on my list for the kids to read two magic tree house books this month. Well, we finished the one we checked out from the library, and they brought home two this week.

Next week is busy for us. We pick up from our produce coop, Angie starts dance (and i still need to buy shoes), the boys (I mean brian and tony) start scouts and I think we are signing Zach up for soccer. That boy needs an outlet. We also have open house at school.

Aiden and Emi are enjoying having some time with us. They get to hear little kid books and watch little kid shows. They are getting really close and its so cute. Little E is developing her own personality, says something new every day and continues to crack us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment