Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fiesta Texas

I may get pictures on here later, I may not. I like to use disposable cameras for trips like this. That way I'm not worried about the camera getting lost, dropped, wet etc. I worked Monday and mom took the older kids down Monday night and stayed at the Holiday inn since she had a free night stay to use. BRian and I came down Tuesday with the babies.

Our plan was to get up about 7 and leave by 8 so we'd be there shortly before after opening. WEll, I was exhausted from working and driving home, so we got up around 8:30 and were on the road about 9:30. SO, we got there around noon. WE waited to meet up with the gang, so Brian and I rode the teacups with Aiden and Emi. The kids had a blast, but those rides make Brian ill. Give him a big ole roller coaster and he's fine, but anything that goes round and round and he is green as a gourd. I later had to ride the carousel without him. THankfully Pam was there to help with the little ones.

SO, we met mom and the kids for lunch. They were super pumped. They had most of the kiddie rides 2-3 times each. Then, Angie tricks me into getting into the front seat of the log ride with her and we were soaked. I wish I would have thought to put on my water shoes. The kids rode some more rides, Aiden was too short for most of them, but we did get him on the gully washer which he loved. WE took the bigger kids on the roadrunner express. I thought it would be like the runaway mine train but it ended up being a bigger roller coaster. TOny was crying and he said he felt tricked.

Then we headed to the water park. THis was a bit stressful for me. Emi was completely fearless and so was Aiden. Next year will be better. SO, the bigger kids rode some slides with Pam and Brian and mom and I worked hard at trying to keep up with the babies. It was neat to see the looney toons characters. Zach had to give everyone we ran into a huge hug.

THey were so sad to leave. Mom rushed them over to the ferris wheel because Zachy really wanted to ride it and apparently there were several more kid rides over there. They were exhausted though.

And everyone crashed in the car except Emi, who took a 30 minute power nap and then was awake the rest of the time. She has traveled in the car the least of my kiddos and does the worst. Its not horrible, but its not great either.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Vicki,
    i also found your blog from kristi's and have been spying it for a week or two now. pretty funny!

    good to hear all your stories - i don't know how you do it with FIVE!!

    keep it up!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete