Monday, September 19, 2011

The kids have finished up their 4th week of school, and I still don't have a routine down yet. That's the goal for this week. Missing a whole week and then having a whole week of make-up work threw me off. Ok, to be fair it threw us all off. We started out last week pretty well, and then Brian and I spent the end of the week in Dallas. Not sure if we will get results this week or next, so maybe my plans for getting a routine down will be shot this week too.

Brian did pretty well with his biopsy. He was really sore Saturday so we went ahead and took Sunday off from work, but he went this morning. He incision is neat and clean so I don't anticipate any problems there. Not sure if I will have to miss work this week to go with him. That part isnt too big an issue for me, but I will have to coordinate someone watching the kids.

Bragging a little, the kids havent had a tardy yet. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but I'm not waking Aiden and Emi up in the mornings. They are sleeping in and then i just carry them sleeping to the car, pjs, blankies and all. I can focus on the older kids, and not have to fight with the little ones who aren't ready to eat, get dressed etc. Angie has to be there in time to turn in her homework to ALL her teachers before the bell rings. Interesting. Is this so they can't cheat or work on it in earlier classes? Hmmm. Tonight is open house. I have no idea how I'm going to see all their teachers. Brian is going to meet me there, and we will divide and conquer.

Meal planning and budgeting again. I signed up for some extra shifts next week and the week after. Ok, maybe its pointless to even be thinking about a routine, but it will help us get back on track after our trip and Brian's treatments.

Looks like it will be into the second six weeks before I start working with Aiden on reading. I have mixed feeling about it anyway. He seems ready, but I'm not sure that being an early reader does a kid any favors. I've focused on reading alot with Zac, I think because he doesn't really like it, and I want him to. Maybe I should have been focusing on filling him with facts, math skills etc? So, that's what I'm doing this year. We are doing required reading and spelling etc, but then its just fun learning after that. Overall, I think he is doing well with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment