Friday, December 24, 2010

On to the New Year

Well, Our Christmas has come and gone. The kids slept in this morning, highly unusual, and definately a sign they are ill. The oldest four were on antibiotics. The boys were doing pretty well this morning, but Angie did not feel well at all. She made it through present opening and then I took her back to the Dr. He said that he wanted to see her again if she wasn't feeling better today. So, I went and picked up a different medication for her, and came home to find Emi running fever. Well, the local pharmacy closed at 1pm, so back to Brownwood I went for the medicine that Dr Woodward called in for Emi.

I came home and made chicken ala Stella like we planned. I should have made Campbell's chicken noodle soup no more than everyone ate. I'm a little disappointed that we missed the candlelight service at church, but the kids all felt bad, and it just seemed wrong to go to a Christmas service without my family. Praying next week is better.

Funny thing when you have five kids, you have an entire minivan full of gifts, and when you get it in the house, each kid has a relatively small pile. The big ticket gifts this year were: Angie got a new bedset that I guess you would describe as more "tween". Its aqua and white and brown, and of course it had to have polka dots. Thank you JC Penney's for selling each piece individually and for being the only place that I ordered from that didn't offer free shipping, but once I saw this set, I didn't like anything else. The other big ticket item was an Ipod Touch. We bought one for all the kids to share. I have to say that I was extremely proud that they weren't super excited about it. Don't get me wrong, they were fighting over it this evening, but around the tree, they were more interested in other things.

I work tomorrow. Blah. Its so tough to leave the kids when they aren't feeling well, so, I have to say if I get cancelled tomorrow, I'm not going to be super disappointed. Census drops during the holidays, and mom said that they were cleaning house yesterday, but I don't mind earning time and a half for tomorrow. I've got our debt snowball planned out for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment