Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas

Well, the kids all got a sinus infection for Christmas, so we didn't get to go the museum or to see the lights. I hope they are feeling better in the morning, since we are doing Christmas tomorrow. I made homemade cinnamon rolls for the first time, and they are entirely too tasty. I will have to make them again before next Christmas, because I didn't let Angie help me and made her keep her germs as far away as possible. Brian and I will both take some to work Christmas day.

I still plan on making the Chicken dish even if Brian and I are the only ones up to eating it. Its been a couple of years since I made it, so we are both pretty excited. Right now we are anxiously waiting for the kids to settle down so that we can set our living room up.

You would think that I'd be bummed about working Christmas, and I am a little. But tomorrow will be just as special, and the time and a half going into the New year won't hurt either. This is our first Christmas that the kids haven't gone down to my mom and dad's so that Brian and I could do gifts. I have to say, it really threw Tony off. He says "what do you mean we aren't going to nana's?" How's Santa going to come if we aren't there? Since we have to stay there tomorrow night? Are you sure Santa will come tonight?" It was cracking me up. This is one kid that totally doesn't believe in Santa, hasn't for at least 3 years, but he's the one that plays it up the most.

Tony was so upset tonight trying to figure out if his Sunday school party was last SUnday or this SUnday. He said that they were having a party for baby Jesus. He said he volunteered to bring the party game, and was planning to do "Pin the baby Jesus in the manger." He did not appreciate that I found this hysterical. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment