Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kid update

So Brian and I are back from our two night stay in Wimberly. It was great. I was planning our next trip, probably for our fifteenth in a year and a half. It was much needed, we don't get too many date nights and its been three years since we went anywhere just the two of us, but most of the time thats ok. yesterday we came back to the chaos that is our life, and sadly, no laundry fairy came to fold the giant pile of clean clothes while I was gone. I'd post a picture of Zach sleeping in it, but its on Brian's phone. I've already designed my laundry room for when we finally build our house.

Angie is working hard on UIL. We've learned 300 words, but she has 300 to learn in about 10 days. THe list came out in September, and I wish they would have given it to us then instead of mid October. I'm sure other kids have been looking at it six weeks longer. I've been pushing her a bit, and last I pretty much washed my hands of it when she wasn't even trying. She's loving the music memory and oral reading. She has a field trip Friday to see the nutcracker and she wanted me to go, but parents aren't allowed. I think they could only get a certain number of tickets, but I was told that I could go to Gattiland with them. Uhhh, no thanks.

Tony didn't make the teams for UIL. His feelings were kind of hurt. He said he kept waiting for them to call his name, and they didn't. I felt bad for him. His poem was awesome. I kept telling him read it again, it was so entertaining, but I really don't think they were looking for someone who did voices and had the whole thing memorized so they could act out the parts. Maybe I should have made him do it "right", but I couldn't bring myself. I really need to work on helping him find his niche. He is so bright, but I don't think people see it, because unlike his sister, he's not a people pleaser, and he's always testing the boundaries. Next year will be better, they add a couple more events in 3rd grade.

Zach is well, Zach. No other words describe. We were working on reading, but I've taken a break. I'll probably start back up after the holidays. Its really stressful because he's a toot, but if I get the least bit frustrated with him, its uncontrollable waterworks. Angie and Tony didn't learn to read until kindergarten, because I didn't know any better, and maybe I'll have to do the same with him. Once the older kids learned, they just took off, so we'll see. He's such a good big brother. I love watching him play with the little ones outside. He's always so sweet and helpful. But he's a regular pest to Tony and Angie. Just this morning he was copying them and driving them crazy.

Aiden finally started pooping on the potty. We were starting to worry, but last week he just started doing it on his own. Yeah, only one kid in diapers. He's really a climber and a daredevil. He's finally beginning to get out of his fit throwing phase which is awesome. He may be ready for Tuesday school next year.

Sweet Emi. She's the baby, but she is growing up. Watch out daddy, this girl has a thing for shoes. I couldn't keep shoes on all my other kids at this age, but she wants to wear them 24/7. And to see her face light up and hear he ooohh and aaahh when she gets a new pair, priceless.

Well, I will update more later. That giant pile of laundry is calling my name, and we are shampooing carpets today.

No comments:

Post a Comment