Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer scorcher.

Well, its hot here. Duh, you say? I'm longing for the days of the train when a drought would send me and the kids packing to the relatives back east and Brian would be stuck here tending the ranch until the rains came again. But, its not to be. Sigh.

We are rationing water here. One minute showers. Wet, turn off water. Lather, rinse. Paper plates, paper cups. And, saddest of all, the pool is now turned off. I know its materialistic, but I can't help it. I am a daughter of Poseidon. Water is comforting to me, lack of it is heartbreaking.

Our trip to Seattle and Canada is next week. I suspect we will freeze in the 70 degree weather. So nice to have something to look forward to. I told Brian that we may have to plan all of our summer vacations for August so that we can escape the heat.

Angie and I are working through the Love Comes Softly dvds. I'm sure that the books are fabulous, but we are really enjoying the movies. She is watching on me so that we can watch #5. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment